Friday, May 12, 2017

Repulsion Invades Me

I need you like water needs my lungs.
Drifting along with dead moths encrusting my hair.
 
Everything sickly blue and bleached...the snow littering the ground like foamy saliva.
I hope and plead that the wind does not beckon for me tonight.
I can not bear the chill and I fear finding something dead on my doorstep.

The dreams come again. 

Flimsy images that swallow reality and upon waking, the morning laughs at me for being afraid.

Bitter drafts flutter the dead butterflies wings bringing the illusion of life. 

Where is the warmth I long for?
Who is able to give me a flying lesson?
....
Souls to roam within the velvet sky.

Someone come find me. Call for me.

Please, scream my name.

I wonder how they would feel knowing I am actually faceless.

Take some more out of me. Chunks of flesh bitten from my core.

Let me see what you have left.


No comments:

Post a Comment