Sunday, November 14, 2010

Familiar Breath Of My Old Life

I'll take this piece of you and hope for all eternity. 
Doors slam.
The ugly girl is in front of me. 
Dancing under a leafless tree. On the frosty grass. 
Reflections of a memory.
He knew each tear before it came.
I turn circles on my tip toes. 
The full moon is hung among the diamond encrusted sky, like a canvas on a crooked easel.
My breath comes out in clouds of steam, it tints my lips blue. 
My white gauze dress is falling around me in ribbons. 
There's nothing compared to the stars tonight. 
Time elapses, passing quicker then sand between my fingers, 
It's all written on my heart.
Chapter after chapter.
Story after story. 
Sonnets of something I tried to banish. 
Stay sleeping. 
Itching eyes. 
Pinned together with razor sharp dreams, like a quilt. 
But still i twirl and spin, dancing in front of you. 
My fingers are numb from the cold. 
Worthless over sick. 
Infected with selfishness. 
Perfecting every move. 
Fill the void that is inside of you with the empty that shapes me.
                                           
                                            I'll take this piece of you and hope for all eternity.


Suffocating, 
-J.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment