Monday, May 16, 2011

Confessions Of A "Greedy" Girl

Everyday, after I leave work...I drive down this one road...The same road, every night...even though its slightly out of my way. Why? There is this house, that is for sale...Cheap and wonderful and perfect. 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, all wood floors, 1,960 square feet and a huge enclosed porch and it sits on an acre of property. It was 255,900$...and they reduced the price so much that its now 214,900$...

They would want 10,745$ down and the monthly payment would be 1,545.29$ a month. That's what a big apartment rental would charge a month. But if we did this, it would be OURS...all ours...

BUT...It's not plausible to do that right now. Money is tight...My phone just broke...There are so many other things that need to get paid up...I need a car...

But, still...every day, i drive past this house...I look at it...I yearn for it...I imagine Christmases there, sitting in the living room cuddling and looking at our tree,  planting gardens in the spring, sitting on the enclosed deck, that I would turn into an indoor garden/breakfast nook, drinking coffee in the morning with Adam, cooking Thanksgiving dinner in the huge kitchen for our family, painting the entire house and Adam's cheeks, bringing home our first newborn baby and having a perfect nursery for it,  Adam could have a garage and I could have an office to write in. There would be BBQs in our awesome backyard complete with volleyball. 

And then reality hits me...I cant have it. It's not mine and I shouldnt imagine creating memories there because, like i said, it isnt plausible. 

And even though I know this, I still drive past it...I still watch the price continue to drop...I still hope, maybe, somehow...

-shrugs-



With greedy eyes, 
-J.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment