Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Old Habits Die Hard

I have another story to share...

This one takes place when I was 15 turning 16 years old. I was a Junior in High School and I met, who I thought, was the most perfect boy ever in existence. One night, on a Valentine's Day, this boy gave me a ring. It was a silver Claddaugh ring that he slid onto my thumb...and on that thumb is where it stayed for 9 years. 

Never moved. Never came off. 

I have permanent indents on my left thumb because of it. 

I never have taken it off since the day he put it there...not even when I got engaged to previous people...there was nothing or no one that could take it's place.

But....

20 days ago, I took off that ring. I placed it on my end table...and there it sits. It doesn't belong on my thumb anymore. It no longer has a place in my heart...Things have completely changed...


Its not that I wont keep it. I'm not going to throw it away...Its just...that habitual materialist thing isn't a part of me anymore. 

I have actually found the most perfect person in existence...so the ring he slid onto my finger is the one that fills my heart...

The Claddaugh ring has been replaced.  



Living and loving more completely then I have ever before, 
-J.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment