Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Real Fairy Tale

Going to a concert has never been so life altering, as it was last night. Sure, I have seen bands whose live music made my soul sing...but that's not what I am talking about...

I have something to share with everyone. 

After Adam and I saw Rammstein last night, we found our way back to the parking lot to search for the Jeep. It was chilly. My ears rang. But, as Adam held me in his arms, the coolness of the night seemed to fade away. 

He kissed me as people watched and passed sexual comments. Finally, having enough, or maybe it was embarrassment, we went to the front of Jeep. 

He picked me up and set me down on the hood...looked into my eyes and confessed his love for me. 

"I love you, with all of my heart." He said.
"Thats a whole bunch." I replied.

In his hands, a little black velvet box appeared...as if it was magic happening, right under my nose.

"Oh, Gods" I whispered.
"Will you?" He asked. 

"Mmmhmm." I replied. 

My heart pounded in my chest. The entire world around me was one big blur of spinning lights. I wrapped my arms around his neck, then kissed his lips as I held his beautiful face in my hands. 

"I love you." He said. 
"I love you, too." I replied. 

"You going to let me put this on you?" He asked, as he opened the little box. 

"Ohhh, its's beautiful!" I exclaimed.

He slid the ring, that gleamed and sparkled like a million stars trapped in a perfect little square, onto my left ring finger. With ease, it took it's permanent place, until the day we say our vows and become Husband and Wife. 


My life is as perfect as this breath taking diamond that glitters on my finger. 


I knew exactly what to say. 



Smiling until my cheeks hurt, 
-J.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment