Monday, March 28, 2011

I Sat On The Beach Yesterday

 The sky is murky and gray. Clouds ease their way into the path of the sun. I'm standing on the shore, alone. My feet encrusted in golden sand. 
The water is almost black, and it washes onto the sand, raking over the broken shells, the dead crabs and one single white feather. This used to be a place where i made a sanctuary and found release. My escape. Now its As if the waves not only washed over shells, but my past ghosts as well. 

Eerie. 

Everything on the ground is tide washed and rippled in sodden sand along the beach. Beyond me the wavelets are breaking on the sand along the shore. 

Behind me, my wandering trail is blurred and indistinct, as the water's edge advances and recedes along the beach. My skirt catches itself on the breeze and flutters and bounces around my knees like a seagull catching its first draft and hovering through the air. The waves are whispering and so tenderly the light dances in frenzied lines, looking like serpents waltzing under the water. 

Today the sky parades phoenixes in the clouds. I am finally feeling life run through my veins.  

My hair smells like the ocean,
-J.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment