Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Sets In

The cold winter has finally broke and summer is settling in over the Hudson Valley. I am so glad for the warm weather and sun. So so glad. 

There has been much going on...

Working at Friday's is paying off, although I am going to have to quit Cumberland. Fridays has me scheduled full time hours and believe me when I say I make more money there in 2 weeks then I think I have made from Cumberland since I started in December. NO joke. It's actually starting to get Adam and I caught up and I even have a little savings. Just a little bit, but its a start. 

Theres so much that I have to save for...The wedding, buying a house... (apartment first though, pleasssssse asap!) that sometimes, while I am counting out the jar, I get slightly overwhelmed by how little is actually in there. But I guess its better then nothing?

I have off this Wednesday and Thursday...and I am seriously really wanting to go to the beach to just absorb some of its power into me. I need the sun and the sand and the surf washing over my toes. I need to lay in the sand and take in the sun and I need to build sand castles and I need to kiss Adam on the shore...mmm, beach heaven. 
I always get so much clearer and things flow out of me easier after a beach trip. It has something to do with the air or the water...or something...But all I know is that I sit in front of my laptop and I cant work on the second book because there is a fog that has settled over the Elsewhere that doesnt want to leave. It may have to do with the warm air and the cold ground...but I am pretty sure its just crazy ass writer's block that doesnt want to quit it. So, in short...I need the beach please...And this Wednesday is going to be in the upper 90's at Seaside...so maybe, juuust maybe....depends on how much money I make tomorrow at Fridays, i guess. We shall see. 
I feel good, you guys...really. I dont think theres anything to be upset with right now. Im working, like whoa, just like I wanted...I have THE best hunny bunny everrrr...Money in my pocket, coffee in my mug, a book to read and cigarettes to smoke. Oh, and I have a bunch of strawberries on my plant outside...they are so cute! And they taste like summer. I cant wait for the rest of the garden to do its thing...I am so excited about it. It looks really good...theres a ton of plants in there...I am super excited about the watermelon though...I have never grown melons, so I am kind of anxious to see how they come out. 

Anyway, 
I guess thats enough out of me. Sorry its been so far between journalings...Like i said, Im working a lot and I forgot how much the restaurant business wears you out. 
Swimming in the Elsewhere's fog, 
-J.C.



No comments:

Post a Comment