Wednesday, April 6, 2011

On The Road Again

So, i have been on another adventure with Atty, and this one feels like it is much longer then the last one. I mean, it probably is...I have seen a lot more, and it has been multiple pick ups and stops and all sorts of neat things. So far, we have transported beef...bread...and concrete...random, i know...but thats how the world works. Our adventures are wonderful. I got to see the Chesapeake bay bridge/tunnel...its 17.9 miles of water to cross...and we stopped and walked out on to the pier that literally felt like it was a mile long itself. But the way it smelled...and the breeze through my hair...and the way the seagulls swooped on the chilly currents of air made me realize how magnificent the world, outside of Orange County, really is. And I really really hope i get to do this some more, so i can see many more breath taking places. I find beauty in everything that is nature. And traveling like this...well, it makes the gypsy blood that flows through my veins stay at a dull roar instead of being subtle like a t-rex. 

I have also come to realize, my body doesnt like to work normally when im traveling like this. I need caffeine like whoa...i guess i actually drink more then i realized when i am at home...because i have had this rotten, pounding migraine all damn day...to the point where i was crazy snippy and was a cranky bitch. Bah.

OH...and i forgot to mention something in my last blog posting...Last weekend...or maybe the weekend before that, i cant really remember the dates off hand...(im bad with that sort of thing) i got to experience one of the most amazing things everrrr...i saw Tiesto...and holyyyyy fuuuuck.....it was mind blowing...if you ever have the chance to see him live...DO IT...its wellllll worth it. You will not regret it...not for a second. I swear, i could feel the bass in my lungs, moving the air around.... <3 

So, the new issue of Otherwise Caffeinated came out... (www.otherwisecaffeinated.com) and ive read though some of the new posts, and i must say, i am so0o grateful there are still people out there that know how to spill their souls onto a blank piece of paper, or into a journal or onto a blank word document. I love being able to feel other people's emotions when i get to read other pieces of work...and if any of you read this...know this, you are AMAZINGLY talented and beautiful...keep writing. I was asked a few days ago if i wanted to do an interview with them...about my website, the pros and cons of self publishing and so on and so forth...and i think thats fabulous. i dont think i have ever done a real interview before, so this would be my first...im kind of excited about it, im not going to lie. 

I really hope this week ends with me and atty laying on the beach in Florida, sipping pina coladas and getting sun burned...IF that happens...then it was a great week and well worth all the aggravation and lack of sleep and even worth the lack of caffeine intake...I am pretty sure i would sell a kidney to lay on the beach for 2 days...taking in the sun and swimming in the ocean...yesss please. My soul needs it. Needs it something fierce. If we dont find our way to Florida this weekend...im going to fucking snap and lose my mind...

Anyway, i think thats all the developments for now...I'll be in touch...

Anxiously waiting to feel the warm sand between my toes, 
-J.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment